Amie Valpone is the winner of the American Thanksgiving recipe contest on www.allergies-r-us.net!
Here is Amie’s entry:
Gluten Free Carrot Cake
3 cups almond flour
1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/8 tsp. black pepper
Egg substitute for 5 eggs
1/2 cup agave nectar
1/4 cup oil
1/2 tsp. almond extract
3 cups carrots, shredded
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup macadamia nuts
Toppings: Powdered sugar and coconut flakes
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine almond flour, sea salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and black pepper.
3. In a separate large bowl, combine egg substitute, agave nectar, oil and almond extract; mix well.
4. Stir in shredded carrots, dried cranberries and macadamia nuts into wet ingredients.
5. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients; mix well.
6. Transfer batter into baking pan.
7. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
9. Top with a dusting of powdered sugar and coconut flakes.
Amie has won the following:
Mary’s Organic Sticks & Twigs
Mary’s Organic Chocolate Chip Cookies
Mary’s Organic Crackers
Bakery on Main’s Extreme Fruit & Nut Granola
Bakery on Main’s Apple Raisin Walnut Granola
Bakery on Main’s Cranberry Maple Nut Granola Bar
TastyBite Bombay Potatoes
TastyBite Madras Lentils
TastyBite Chunky Chickpeas
TastyBite Basmati Rice
TastyBite Good Korma Simmer Sauce
Measuring spoons and cups
Coupons for Kettle Cuisine Soups
Coupons for Allergy Apparel
+ lots of other stuff