- To make sour milk, add 1 tbs vinegar for every cup of milk.
- Store mixes in zip lock bags and freeze them if you are not going to use them quickly.
- Read your recipe all the way through and assemble your utensils and ingredients before you start. This will save you time.
- Lightly oil measuring cups/spoons prior to measuring molasses, honey etc. That way you will get what you measured out.
- Cheese can be grated ahead and frozen in zip lock bags.
- For added fibre, you can sprinkle ground flax into your baking mixes before adding the liquids.
- To see if your baking powder is still good, add 1 tsp to 1/3 cup hot water. If it bubbles vigorously, it is still good.